TAI CHI BALI Healing Arts Centre
Upcoming Mountain Retreats in Nature in Bali
If you don’t see a Retreat that fits your schedule you can request your own dates according to your availability Contact us
* All Mountain Retreats include daily Forest Walks to waterfalls, lakes and hot springs.
24 Jan to 30 Jan 2023 Qigong & Taichi Introduction Course – 7 Day Mountain Retreat max.6 people – includes standard accommodation with breakfast USD900… read more
12 March to 01 April 2023 Qigong & Taichi 200 Hrs Teacher Training Course PART ONE 100 Hrs – 21 Day Mountain Retreat max.6 people – includes standard accommodation with breakfast USD2400… read more
08 May to 12 May 2023 Qigong Beginners Course – 5 Day Mountain Retreat max.6 people – includes standard accommodation with breakfast USD700… read more
25 July to 31 July 2023 Taichi Beginners Course – 7 Day Mountain Retreat max.6 people – includes standard accommodation with breakfast USD900… read more
23 August to 29 August 2023 Qigong & Taichi Introduction Course – 7 Day Mountain Retreat max.6 people – includes standard accommodation with breakfast USD900… read more
Tai Chi & Qi Gong at lakes & waterfalls near Bedugul North Bali
Join us in the fresh mountain air with British instructor Dave West & experience the healing power of nature. Learn to feel your qi & awaken your self-healing ability with 2x2hrs Tai Chi & Qi Gong classes everyday practiced at lakes, waterfalls & healing hot springs. Optional 2 hour relaxing walks through hidden valleys & bamboo rain forests to powerful Qi locations that heal your mind & body with pure natural energy. Send us an email with the dates you want to have your Mountain Retreat. Read more
Tai Chi & Qi Gong Certification Courses in BaliTeaching Tai Chi & Qi Gong is a great way to help make a difference in other people’s lives while keeping yourself healthy & relaxed. Our Teacher Training Certification Courses are held in small groups max.6 students over 6 weeks (or 2 x 3 weeks), and include an in-depth study of Yang Style Tai Chi Chuan, Health Qi Gong & Spiritual Qi Gong. Training focuses on safe & effective teaching methods based on Taoist Healing Arts & Traditional Chinese Medicine. These are high quality courses for new instructors wanting to develop their Tai Chi & Qi Gong teaching skills and for seasoned teachers wanting to deepen their craft. Send us an email with the dates you want your Private Course. Read more
Book a Private Course at your Hotel or at our Centre in South Bali
For those who have more time, or simply want to enjoy deeper training with certification, we host 10 & 20 Hours Private Courses for beginner to advanced level. British instructor Dave West guides you through sitting, standing & moving meditations in Yang Style Tai Chi Chuan, Health Qi Gong & Medical Qi Gong. Classes are very relaxing & easy to learn, revitalize your whole body, reduce stress & speed up recovery from illness. Have the course at your Hotel or at our Healing Arts Centre near Tanah Lot. Send us an email with your preferred dates. Read more
Beach Retreat / Surf Retreat
Private Retreats at Bali’s Best Beaches & Surf Spots
Practice Tai Chi, Qi Gong and Tao Yoga at the best beaches in Bali and experience the healing power of Mother Ocean. These proven mind-body exercises include sitting, standing and moving meditations designed to help you improve your health, relax your mind (and boost your surfing skills). Beach Retreats are specially for people who love the ocean & includes Private Classes, beach walks, swimming or surfing, hotel & transport. Send us an email with your preferred dates. Read more
Goals of Practice
- To teach beginners to feel their qi – Beginners usually do not have even the slightest concept of qi. Our courses gradually give you an understanding of qi through feeling and experience. This kind of knowledge is necessary for any kind of advancement in Qi Gong and Tai Chi Chuan. For this reason, beginners are usually taught some of the many simple Wai Dan forms.
- To teach beginners to regulate the body, breathing, and mind – Once you have grasped the idea of qi, you then start to learn to regulate your body. This includes how to relax the body from the skin to as deep as the internal organs and bone marrow. Through this relaxation you are able to feel and sense your center, balance, and root. You must also learn to regulate your breathing—normal abdominal breathing for relaxation and reverse abdominal breathing for qi expansion and condensation. Most important of all, you must learn to regulate your mind until it can be calm and concentrated without disturbance. All of these criteria are the critical keys to the correct practice of Qi Gong and Tai Chi Chuan. If you start learning the sequence without having already done this basic training, you will be preoccupied with the complicated movements and will only be able to perform them in a superficial way.
- To teach beginners to use their mind to lead the qi efficiently – Once you have regulated your body, breathing, and mind, you will then be able to use your concentrated mind to lead the qi to circulate smoothly and effectively.
- To teach practitioners to circulate qi in the twelve primary qi channels and fill up the two main qi vessels – If you are able to use your mind to lead the qi efficiently, you have completed the basic training. This is then the time for forms or sequence training. In addition, you should continue your Qi Gong and Tai Chi Chuan training and learn to build up your concentration to a higher level and, consequently, build your qi to a higher level. In addition, you should also learn to increase the qi in the two main vessels—the yin conception vessel and the yang governing vessel. Still meditation is normally used for this.
- To teach practitioners to expand their qi to the surface of the skin and to condense the qi to the bone marrow – When the body’s qi has been built to a higher level, you then start learning to lead the qi to the skin to increase the skin’s sensitivity and into the bones to nourish the marrow.
- To teach practitioners to use the qi to energize the muscles for maximum jin manifestation – When you are able to lead the qi to the skin and condense it to the marrow efficiently, you can then use this qi to energize the muscles to a high level. This is the secret to internal jin. Internal jin is the foundation and root of external jin.
- To lead advanced practitioners into the domain of spiritual cultivation – The ultimate goal of Qi Gong and Tai Chi Chuan practice is to lead you into the domain of emptiness, where your whole being is in the no-extremity (wuji) state. When you have reached this goal, the qi in your body and the qi in nature will unite and become one, and all human desires will gradually disappear.
- To open hearts and minds to the beauty and healing power of nature – Sickness is the disruption in the flow of energy between humans and nature. As you strengthen your connection with the natural world, your sense of beauty, wonder, awe and curiosity is restored and your brain and nervous system are calmed. Stress levels are lowered and the immune system is boosted. The medicine of nature is the antidote to our modern stressful lifestyles.