Teacher Training in Bali
Tai Chi & Qi Gong Teacher Training 200 Hours Certification in Nature in Bali
PART ONE 100 Hours 21 Day Mountain Retreat USD2400
PART TWO 100 Hours 21 Day Mountain Retreat USD2400
With British instructor Dave West in the peaceful mountains of Munduk North Bali – 5 hours classes per day – hotel accommodation – transport service – forest walks to waterfalls lakes & hot springs – max.6 people
Teacher Training Courses in Nature in Bali 2023
16 APRIL to 06 MAY 2023 PART ONE Qigong & Taichi Teacher Training Course 100 Hrs of 200 Hrs Course ~ 21 Day Mountain Retreat max.6 people – includes standard accommodation with breakfast USD2400
03 AUG to 20 AUG 2023 PART TWO Qigong & Taichi Teacher Training Course ~ 3 Weeks Advanced Certification ~ max.6 people – includes standard accommodation with breakfast USD2400
09 OCT to 29 OCT 2023 PART ONE Qigong & Taichi Teacher Training Course 100 Hrs of 200 Hrs Course (Advanced Training) ~ 21 Day Mountain Retreat max.6 people – includes standard accommodation with breakfast USD2400
10 MARCH to 30 MARCH 2024 PART ONE Qigong & Taichi Teacher Training Course 100 Hrs of 200 Hrs Course (Advanced Training) ~ 21 Day Mountain Retreat max.6 people – includes standard accommodation with breakfast USD2400
* All Mountain Retreats include daily Forest Walks to waterfalls, lakes and hot springs.
* PART TWO Teacher Training Course available on request only if you have completed PART ONE.
* On completion of both PART ONE and PART TWO successful students will be awarded the Qi Gong and Tai Chi 200 Hours Teacher Training Certificate.
Teacher Training Certification Courses include an in-depth study of Yang Style Tai Chi Chuan, Health Qi Gong and Spiritual Qi Gong, focusing on safe and effective teaching methods based on Taoist Healing Arts and Traditional Chinese Medicine.
The purpose of certification is to ensure that all students have attained the virtue, skill and knowledge necessary to practice all course elements safely and effectively, and carry forward the great traditions of Tai Chi Chuan and Qi Gong with modesty and respect.
* You must have previous experience in Tai Chi & Qi Gong to join the Teacher Training Course. We do not agree with the new age commercial approach of zero to teacher in 4 weeks. Beginners are welcome to join only PART ONE, and can return 6-12 months later to take PART TWO. This gives time for your practice to mature and develop a deeper understanding of Tai Chi & Qi Gong before you start teaching.
21 Day Mountain Retreat Teacher Training in Nature in Bali
- PART ONE Teacher Training 100 Hours Course – 21 Day Mountain Retreat near Munduk North Bali – includes hotel accommodation USD2400
- PART TWO Teacher Training 100 Hours Course – 21 Day Mountain Retreat near Munduk North Bali – includes hotel accommodation USD2400
Teacher Training Courses are held at our Mountain Retreat location in Munduk North Bali. Here we offer 21 day courses in two parts designed for short term students who can not stay in Bali for the full 200 hours 6 weeks course. It is recommended to take PART ONE first and then return to Bali 6-12 months later to complete PART TWO. This will allow time for your practice to mature to teacher level.
* Please note: There is no certificate for PART ONE. On completion of both Teacher Training Courses PART ONE and PART TWO successful students will be awarded the 200 Hours Tai Chi & Qi Gong Teacher Training Certificate. Contact us
Classes are Monday to Friday – No classes on Saturdays & Sundays
6am Waterfall Meditation (optional)
8.30 – 11.30am Morning Class
12pm Lunch Break
2 – 4pm Solo Practice & Written Assignment
4.30 – 6.30pm Afternoon Class
7 pm Dinner
All students are required to:
- Attend all 25 hours of classes per week
- Monday to Friday 8.30 to 11.30am & 4.30 to 6.30pm
- Practice 1 hour solo training per day
- Complete all written assignments on time
- Teach one class per week (30 mins)
Our intention is to invite like-minded people into a safe and healing environment which allows space for learning and growth in nature. As guests at our school, we hope you all enjoy the healing space provided, practice together in friendship and harmony, and carry forward the great traditions of Tai Chi and Qi Gong with modesty and respect. To maintain this healing environment you must therefore agree to our Terms and Conditions to be accepted onto the course/retreat. On the rare occasion that someone does not take the Teacher Training Course seriously by repeatedly disturbing the healing tranquility of the course/retreat or by repeatedly behaving unprofessionally and not following the Terms and Conditions they agreed to in the Registration Form (i.e. inappropriate behaviour, repeatedly late for class, bringing phones into the classroom, etc) we may have to ask them to leave the course/retreat.
Goals of Practice
- To teach beginners to open their heart and minds to the beauty and healing power of nature
Sickness is the disruption in the flow of energy between humans and nature. As you strengthen your connection with the natural world, your sense of beauty, wonder, awe and curiosity is restored and your brain and nervous system are calmed. Stress levels are lowered and the immune system is boosted. The medicine of nature is the antidote to our modern stressful lifestyles.
- To teach beginners to feel their qi
Beginners usually do not have even the slightest concept of qi. Our courses gradually give you an understanding of qi through feeling and experience. This kind of knowledge is necessary for any kind of advancement in Qi Gong and Tai Chi Chuan. For this reason, beginners are usually taught some of the many simple Wai Dan forms.
- To teach beginners to regulate the body, breathing, and mind
Once you have grasped the idea of qi, you then start to learn to regulate your body. This includes how to relax the body from the skin to as deep as the internal organs and bone marrow. Through this relaxation you are able to feel and sense your center, balance, and root. You must also learn to regulate your breathing—normal abdominal breathing for relaxation and reverse abdominal breathing for qi expansion and condensation. Most important of all, you must learn to regulate your mind until it can be calm and concentrated without disturbance. All of these criteria are the critical keys to the correct practice of Qi Gong and Tai Chi Chuan. If you start learning the sequence without having already done this basic training, you will be preoccupied with the complicated movements and will only be able to perform them in a superficial way.
- To teach beginners to use their mind to lead the qi efficiently
Once you have regulated your body, breathing, and mind, you will then be able to use your concentrated mind to lead the qi to circulate smoothly and effectively.
- To teach practitioners to circulate qi in the twelve primary qi channels and fill up the two main qi vessels
If you are able to use your mind to lead the qi efficiently, you have completed the basic training. This is then the time for forms or sequence training. In addition, you should continue your Qi Gong and Tai Chi Chuan training and learn to build up your concentration to a higher level and, consequently, build your qi to a higher level. In addition, you should also learn to increase the qi in the two main vessels—the yin conception vessel and the yang governing vessel. Still meditation is normally used for this.
- To teach practitioners to expand their qi to the surface of the skin and to condense the qi to the bone marrow
When the body’s qi has been built to a higher level, you then start learning to lead the qi to the skin to increase the skin’s sensitivity and into the bones to nourish the marrow.
- To teach practitioners to use the qi to energize the muscles for maximum jin manifestation
When you are able to lead the qi to the skin and condense it to the marrow efficiently, you can then use this qi to energize the muscles to a high level. This is the secret to internal jin. Internal jin is the foundation and root of external jin.
- To lead advanced practitioners into the domain of spiritual cultivation
The ultimate goal of Qi Gong and Tai Chi Chuan practice is to lead you into the domain of emptiness, where your whole being is in the no-extremity (wuji) state. When you have reached this goal, the qi in your body and the qi in nature will unite and become one, and all human desires will gradually disappear.
Instructor – Dave West
Experienced instructor and long time resident in Bali Dave West has been teaching Yang Style Tai Chi Chuan and Health Qi Gong for over 15 years, and Sivananda Yoga for over 25 years. Since 2010 Dave has been teaching at Tai Chi Bali Taoist Healing Arts Centre, specializing in sitting, standing and moving meditation, focusing the mind and breath to lead the Qi, relaxing and balancing the body and spirit. His teaching methods cut straight to the science with simplicity, clarity and practical skills, while maintaining fundamental principles and effectiveness.